Ok, I'll admit it. I am a sucker for all things pumpkin! And I also love my coffee. So naturally, I decided to make a homemade Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte just in time for fall. This recipe is super simple and takes just about 10 minutes to make. And it's vegan!
Stir it in your coffee, pour on your waffles, toast, anything you can imagine!
We use oat milk as our milk of choice, with vegan whipped cream from Trader Joes.
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, shaken
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup agave, date syrup, or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Add all ingredients together (except the vanilla) in a small pot and stir until mixed and all has blended together. Turn on high heat, and when mixture starts to simmer, reduce to low. Cover and let simmer for 7-10 minutes. Stir again, remove from heat, and let sit for another 10-15 minutes to cool.
Stir in the vanilla and strain to remove any large pulp from the pumpkin puree. Store in the refrigerator. This makes 2 cups of ooey-gooey vegan syrup, and stays good in the fridge for a week, or freeze for a month.
- Add any additional toppings, such as whipped cream, nutmeg and cinnamon to top it off! Drizzle syrup on top.